This could be due to several factors, including, but not exclusive to:
- A document being too old.
- Mismatching details (such as a different name, date of birth, email, or home address).
- Photographic evidence not being clear (for example: the photo being in black and white, the logo not being visible, or the photo being too dark).
- The incorrect details being obscured/presented.
- The photo resolution not being of high enough quality.
- The document is partially covered in the photo.
To ensure your documents are accepted, please make sure you have correctly followed the guidelines provided.
When submitting photographic evidence, please ensure the following:
- The scan/photo is clear.
- The document is not obscured or covered.
- All four corners of the document are visible.
- The resolution is high enough to zoom in to read all the details.
- Maximum size per file for document upload: 10MB.
Here are some tips on how to photograph documents:
- Place the document on a dark background.
- Use natural lighting and do not use a flash.
- Ensure the entire document is visible in the photo.
We recommend quickly checking the photographs of your documents before uploading them, to ensure they meet the above criteria. This will help speed up the process. It’s also possible we may ask you for additional documents that are not included in this list.
To speed up the verification process, please log in to your Jackpot Guru account and upload the files in the ‘My account’ section. Please bear in mind that our system is unable to accept files bigger than 10 MB.